Shrimp and Grits with Chef Tim
Chef Tim’s Shrimp and Grits, Serves 4:
20 oz grits, cooked
1 tbl fresh thyme, stems removed, chopped
3 oz canola oil
1 cup onions, julienned
1 cup green peppers, julienned
20 shrimp, 16/20 peeled and deveined
1 cup andouille sausage, diced
1 tbl garlic, minced
1 cup dry white wine
2 oz sriracha sauce
2 cups heavy cream
1 tbl scallions, thinly sliced
As needed, salt + pepper
1. Cook grits to manufacturers specifications, than add fresh thyme once cooked.
2. Heat oil in a large sauté pan, and add andouille sausage, onions, and peppers. Cook for two minutes.
3. Add shrimp, cook one minute, then turn and cook one minute more.
4. Add garlic and cook for 10 seconds, then add white wine. Reduce by ½, then remove shrimp.
5. Add Sriracha and cream, then reduce by half again. Return shrimp to the pan and season.
6. Spoon grits into four separate bowls. Top grits with shrimp (5 per bowl) and sauce. Garnish with sliced scallions.
Enjoy with chilled Oregon Pinot Gris, then buy your tickets to the Charity Christmas Ball!