Five Trends to Watch for Fall 2018 with Gus Mayer
Photos provided by Gus Mayer
1. Everyday Fur: Furs are not just for formals anymore. New, chic silhouettes coupled with modern treatments and textiles give fur a more casual, fashion forward feel. Fur-trimmed cashmere capes, bomber jackets, and scarves can be paired with on-trend denim, pants, or even leggings for an effortlessly pulled together look.
2. Earth Tones: Earth tones abound this year, appearing on everything from outerwear to skirts to dresses. Rust, sage, and golden yellows are everywhere, at every price point. Try darker colors on the bottom and lighter colors on top, but this is the year to try a new shade, grounded in your favorite go-to neutral.
3. Denim Details: The denim gods have spoken, and novelty is in. From hemlines to wash treatments to outside seams, details are king this season. Stripes, studs, and velvet accent more basic washes and fits this season.
4. Velvet + Texture: Mix it up this season by layering textures—we love a mix of hard and soft like velvet and denim, cashmere and suede, and fur and leather. As colors fade into the fall pallette, spice up your wardrobe by creatively mixing textiles within the same color palette to create a chic, modern look
5. Elevated Athleisure: Leggings are here to stay, but fall brings a more elevated aesthetic. Leather-look styles are the most popular this year, as they can be styled for daytime as well as evening looks. This versatile style can be paired with more casual knit tops for day or dressed up with fur vests and blouses for a night out.